- 8 people have died due to heat related illness.
- Generator Safety needs to be a priority – click here for more information
- DIAL 211 for assistance (Food, Water, Shelter, Personal Assistance)
- TEXT 898-211 for assistance (Food, Water, Shelter, Personal Assistance)
- Calcasieu evacuation: Dial 911 for transportation. Click HERE for more.
THIS SUNDAY: A Representative with FEMA will be on Acadiana Affairs to talk about services available for recovery. If you’d like information for assistance NOW here are some resources.
- PHONE:1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- PHONE (HEARING IMPAIRED): 1-800-462-7585 (TTY)
- ONLINE: disasterassistance.gov. If you have insurance, contact your adjuster and begin the insurance process. If you are denied, a reason is provided. Continue contacting
- FEMA QUESTIONS: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4559 to get your FEMA questions answered.
- FEMA drive-thru document drop-off, Calcasieu Parish School Board office – 3310 Broad St. Open M-Su, 7am-5pm.
- FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center – Large Blue Pavilion at the Iowa City Park 8am to 5pm open for registration, questions, and assistance.
LOW INTEREST DISASTER LOANS
- Operation Blue Roof, apply: www.usace.army.mil/blueroof/ or 1-888-ROOF-BLU
- First Baptist Church of DeRidder, 2030 U.S. 171. Daily, 9am-5pm
- Trinity Baptist Church – 1800 Country Club Road. Daily, 8am-4pm
- Sale Street Baptist Church – 1611 West Sale Road. Daily, 8am-5pm
- Christian World – 2001 E. Gauthier Rd, Lake Charles. M–Sa, 9:30am-4:30pm. All residents need to come in person to complete a work request and sign a release/right of entry. Need Help: 1-800-730-2537
Thursday, September 10th
- Food/Water Mill Street Church of Christ: 2340 Mill Street, Lake Charles: Noon-3pm
- Food/Water Cotton Holdings: Fastsigns 1721 West Sale Road Lake Charles. 11am-3pm.
- Hunt Brothers Pizza Henderson Wholesale: 2031 Opelousas St. Lake Charles.| 10am – 12pm Henderson of Lake Charles: 2351 E. McNeese St. | 1:30pm – 3:30pm.
Saturday, September 12th.
- Jambalaya and pulled pork. LSU tailgaters at the Corner Market729 Ryan Street Lake Charles. Jambalaya and pulled pork, 11am-till they run out. Pull up to the corner on Broad St to avoid impeding traffic.
- Jambalaya and chicken. New Look Furniture parking lot Hwy 14. 9am-12pm
Johnsonville’s Big Taste Grill is serving sausage links:
- Albertsons 4060 Ryan St. Lake Charles 9/15 10am-2pm
- Brookshire Brothers 1612 Ruth St. Sulphur 9/16 3pm-7pm
- Kroger 2010 Country Club Rd. Lake Charles 9/18 11am-3pm
- Kroger 1421 Beglis Parkway Sulphur 9/19 11am-3pm
- Rouses 800 Carlyss Drive Sulphur 9/20 10am-2pm
- Rouses 1351 Sam Houston Jones Pkwy Moss Bluff 9/21 10am-2pm
Available most days:
- First Pentecostal Church 320 Bunker Road Lake Charles: lunches, water, food, snacks, all baby items, cleaning supplies, etc
- New Step Outreach at 1017 N Pine St in DeRidder: meals and groceries
- United Way of SWLA: United Cajun Navy 2401 6th St., Lake Charles. Hot meals, Daily 8am-8pm
- Cajun Navy: 3 hot meals a day- Tia Juanita’s Fish Camp 723 Ryan Lake Charles. Drive up service, hot plate lunches and supply packages.
- SWLA Center for Health Services 2000 Opelousas St. Lake Charles. Hot Food daily starting at noon.
- Carey Baptist Disaster Association: Trinity Baptist Church 1800 Country Club Rd, Lake Charles. Hot meals, daily at noon.
- Mercy Chefs: Life United Church, 1800 East College St. Lunch: Daily 11am-5pm
- Crisis Response International at Celebration Worship Center 3231 Highway 27 S, Sulphur. Lunch daily at noon daily. Plus resource station, debris removal services daily until further notice.
- Red Cross feeding and supply sites – click here to see today’s list. Lunch at noon and dinner at 5:30 p.m.
- MORE locations click HERE
- Kroger providing laundry facilities to customers and shower facilities for first responders on Country Club and on Beglis Parkway in Sulphur.
- SWLA Center for Health Services on 2000 Opelousas Street has porta-potties, medical trailers, and showers coming in.
- Canaan Baptist Church 19190 Hwy. 8 Leesville is doing a Laundry Ministry for as long as there is a need. They will wash, dry and fold your laundry for you at no charge.
- SWLA Center for Health Services is looking for people to assist with Hurricane Laura recovery efforts! Qualifications are working hands and a willing heart! To sign up email email@example.com.
- The Cameron Parish Police Jury has set up a call-in number for those who wish to volunteer their time, share equipment, or make donations. Volunteers can call 720-212-1038.
- United Way of Southwest Louisiana is receiving donations from all over the country every day, and the Cajun Navy is looking for more volunteers to help receive and stock as well as get people what they need when they drive up. The warehouse is open 7 days a week 8am-8pm 2401 6th St., Lake Charles
- OBR is set up at Lake Charles Walmart off 14 and they desperately need some local volunteers! They are preparing 3200 hot meals. If you can help call Jack Woods 901-674-4268
- Catholic Charities needs your help, 1225 2nd Street
- Christian World with Operation Blessing – Volunteers are needed to assist with debris clean-up, helping residents salvage their personal belongings, debris removal, and chainsaw work For any questions, or for more information on how to register as a volunteer, please call 1-800-730-2537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SWLA Center for Health Services: 2000 Opelousas Street Lake Charles. WiFi-Phone charging (bring your cord)-Satellite calls if your landline is down
- FedEx Office 2916 Ryan Street: FREE limited access to its in-store computer rental stations for those needing online connectivity following the impact of Hurricane Laura. Residents will also be able to charge their phones.
- Tetanus, hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccines: 113 West McNeese St, LC
- Available thru Fri, Sept 11 9am-3pm
- Area emergency rooms: operational with limited capacities.
- Lake Charles Urgent Care: M-F 8am– 4pm | Sat + Sun, 9am – 5pm.
- 1905 Country Club Road, open for non-emergent medical care.
- 2400 Ryan Street, open for non-emergent medical care.
- A “Keep Calm Line” for stress and mental health: 1-866-310-7977.
- Free crisis counseling: https://unitedwayswla.org/crisischat 1800-TXT-TEEN
- Emergency eye clinic: 3817 Maplewood Ave. in Sulphur (eye injuries, pink eyes, debris in eyes, etc.) Call 337-607-9009 for an appointment.
- MORE HERE
- Testing thru Friday Sept 11 9am-3pm 113 West McNeese St Lake Charles
- FREE – Gulfway Shopping Center, 115 West McNeese St. Lake Charles | 8am – 6pm
- FREE – Sulphur Public Health Unit, 201 Edgar Street in Sulphur. | 8am – 6pm
- The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services has launched “Connect,”
- CALL 225-342-2727
- Fill out a form online – http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/form/dcfs-connect.
- Red Cross; Safe and Well:.
Register Yourself as “Safe and Well” Click on the “List Myself as Safe and Well” button to register yourself on the site. Search for Loved Ones. Concerned family and friends can search the list of those who have registered themselves as “safe and well” by clicking on the “Search Registrants” button. The results of a successful search will display a loved one’s first name, last name and a brief message.