Are you still having problems finding disinfecting wipes? When all this corona stuff started, it was one of the hardest items to find next to toilet paper!
If you do have disinfectant wipes, you may be tempted to use them on everything to make sure surfaces are clean and safe. Remember those wipes could cause damage to some items –
- A leather purse should only be cleaned with soap and water or a leather cleaner, disinfecting wipes could dry the purse out and damage it.
- Granite countertops come in contact with bacteria, but you should only use dish soap and water or a little isopropyl alcohol.
- Using wipes on eyeglasses could eat away at the lens coating, instead use lens cleaner or soap and water. Y
- Touch screens in our vehicles could be damaged by disinfecting wipes, so soap and water is best, just don’t get them too wet.
- Never use disinfecting wipes on wood furniture, untreated wood can warp and swell the wood.
- Do not use on fabric, upholstery, or carpet as the disinfecting wipes could cause discoloration.
- Do not use disinfecting wipes on dishes and food containers as the chemicals in the wipe could linger on surfaces and be ingested.
- Only use wipes on the outside of a smartphone and not on ports or other openings.