Federal COVID-19, Drive-Through Testing Sites Continue in Acadiana
LDH has collaborated with parish governments in Acadiana to offer COVID-19 drive through testing.
|Wednesday||7/15/2020||Acadia Rice Arena||159 Cherokee||Crowley||70526||8a-6p|
|Wednesday||7/15/2020||ULL Cajun field||2351 West Congress St||Lafayette||70506||8a-4p|
|Wednesday||7/15/2020||Greater Shiloh Baptist Church||217 Hwy 10||Opelousas||70570||8a-6p|
|Thursday||7/16/2020||West End Park Comm. center||1200 Field St||New Iberia||70560||8a-6p|
|Thursday||7/16/2020||ULL Cajun field||2351 West Congress St||Lafayette||70506||8a-4p|
|Thursday||7/16/2020||Super 1 Foods||215 West Willow||Lafayette||70501||8a- 12p|
|Friday||7/17/2020||St John Baptist Church||1244 Big 4 Corners Rd||Jeanerette||70544||8a-12p|
|Friday||7/17/2020||ULL Cajun field/Food Distribution||2351 West Congress St||Lafayette||70506||10a-4p|
|Friday||7/17/2020||Carencro Community Center||5115 North University||Carencro||70520||8a-2p|
|Saturday||7/18/2020||Love of Christ Baptist Church||1120 West Hutchinson Ave||Crowley||70526||8a-6p|
|Saturday||7/18/2020||ULL Cajun field||2351 West Congress St||Lafayette||70506||8a-4p|
|Sunday||7/19/2020||Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church||693 North Main Street||Church Point||70525||9a-6p|
|Sunday||7/19/2020||ULL Cajun field||2351 West Congress St||Lafayette||70506||8a-4p|
- No ID is needed for testing, but registration is required.
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and should be completed atwww.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then choose the date and site that you plan to attend.
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
- Testing is open to everyone.
- People must provide a phone number and email address.
- The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on-site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly. Those being tested will swab their own nose on-site while in their vehicles and then drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- These mobile testing sites are being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners. These sites are part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
How will results be obtained?
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.